It's a guy thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a guy thing!

Does anyone else get that big grin when you get a piece back from the painters.
    Under advice from a friend I got the airbox two pack painted and picked it today.
    Bright gloss black paint, and a small tack weld repair to back.
    But inside on the top section is a round breather pipe with a pressed metal channel underneath it, the whole was soaked in grease remover, blasted with a aqua blaster, and I ran a welding wire down the channel to dislodge years of grime.
    And when the painter handed it over today he showed me dust falling out of that section, looks like another hour or so blowing it out and running a coat hanger wire with a 90 degree bend down the hole to dislodge anymore foreign bodies.
    I get the frame back on Wednesday from the powder coaters, so let the fun begin!

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
    Does anyone else get that big grin when you get a piece back from the painters.
    Under advice from a friend I got the airbox two pack painted and picked it today.
    Bright gloss black paint, and a small tack weld repair to back.
    But inside on the top section is a round breather pipe with a pressed metal channel underneath it, the whole was soaked in grease remover, blasted with a aqua blaster, and I ran a welding wire down the channel to dislodge years of grime.
    And when the painter handed it over today he showed me dust falling out of that section, looks like another hour or so blowing it out and running a coat hanger wire with a 90 degree bend down the hole to dislodge anymore foreign bodies.
    I get the frame back on Wednesday from the powder coaters, so let the fun begin!
    Another photo of the airbox, ex GS850G.

Comment

Wow! Makes me want to paint mine after I finish tank and body parts on mine. terrylee

Comment

Prettiest 850 airbox I've seen yet.
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Airbox

You need dwarf hands to install the snorkel, try and get the rubber lips inside the cutout on the back of the airbox is really difficult.
          The new intake boots were a piece of cake.
          I washed the snorkel in Sugar soap and got rid of all brown staining inside, and ran a stainless steel pot scourer though the cavities.
          A spray with Mecquires rubber protectant and it's good to go.

Comment

Working...
          X