Ultrasonic cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultrasonic cleaning?

Hi guys, anyone got any experience on using an ultrasonic cleaner? Just bought a new one and trying it for the first time on a fuel tap. Cant see anything happening here?

they work exceptionally well. what solution are you using in the cleaner?
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I have read they should just work with water but ive added some industrial cleaning solution from work. The trouble is I see nothing happening no zi zi noise or bubbles or anything. The unit has power because all the display and timer works. Ive even got a peice of foil in there to check its working but nothing?

Comment

Sounds defective, that foil should be full of little holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gold01ca View Post
          Sounds defective, that foil should be full of little holes.
          only if you leave it in too long. it should be covered in tiny little "dimples".

yes, if there is no action in the water then something is wrong. are you sure you have turned it on properly? some have heater controls, have you turned the heater on and not the cleaner itself?
          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            only if you leave it in too long. it should be covered in tiny little "dimples".

yes, if there is no action in the water then something is wrong. are you sure you have turned it on properly? some have heater controls, have you turned the heater on and not the cleaner itself?
            Lol sorry mate but yeah the controls are quite simple to understand Ive just never used a cleaner before. Just wanted to check if you can actually see anything happen normally

Comment

Think it is defective, had it on 8 minutes now and the water is still clear and no milkiness or anything. F*cking cheap sh*t ebay chinese cr*p. It was supposed to be a UK company too

Comment

as you say, you should see some action in the water, and hear some noise from it.
                contact the seller and see what they have to say about it.
                can you post a link to the ebay seller so we can see the item? (and avoid it, lol)
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

Its one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3010295164...84.m1497.l2649

Think that should work. It is a 1.3 litre and a bit small but it would have done each carb body separately ok. If it worked. Its supposed to be a UK company but I think they are a chinese company. Ebay needs to sort that out, it does my head in. Theres no way Im paying return postage to asia the seller is away put at least i have a communication in the ebay system.

Comment

Just when I decide to get my finger out and start on the bike too. Oh well will need to source another one i guess

Comment

Hmmmmm, the sellers negative feedback sums it all up really.
                      I always check feedback from comanies like that before i buy. I wouldn't have purchased from them in the first place. Hope you get a full refund...
                      1978 GS1085.

Comment

yeah I did check feedback but they sell a lot of gear and also receive a lot of positive feedback so decided to go with it. Hopefully I will get a refund but I am only gonna send it back to the birmingham address it was sent from.

Comment

yeah if the seller says you have to send it back to China, contest it and get Ebay involved. The listing clearly states the item is in the UK, and they sold it to you, so they are responsible.
                          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Devon bloke View Post
                            yeah I did check feedback but they sell a lot of gear and also receive a lot of positive feedback so decided to go with it. Hopefully I will get a refund but I am only gonna send it back to the birmingham address it was sent from.
                            Not sure how it is in the UK, but in the US. The seller has a contractual obligation to deliver the product working and as described. If he product is incorrect, or broken then seller failed to meet the contract. It is sellers responsibility to get their defective product back.seller is still obligated under the original contract to deliver what was represented.
                            I had a Chinese vendor, send wrong product and ran me around for two weeks. Wanted me to pay $30 to re turn a $35 item (free shipping) from China.
                            Anyway eBay /paypal issued refund of all the money within 3 hours of receiving the escalated complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                              yeah if the seller says you have to send it back to China, contest it and get Ebay involved. The listing clearly states the item is in the UK, and they sold it to you, so they are responsible.
                              Just been reading lots of horror stories about return postage to china. I have the original packing box etc and the shipping address is in Birmingham so thats the only place its gonna go back to. We shall see what the seller says on Monday hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X