vacuum leak - carb boot replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacuum leak - carb boot replacement

My 1979 GS750 has not been running well. It stalls and seems to be running too rich.

I used quick start on the carb boots to check any leaks and sure enough, the RPMs drop considerably when I sprayed two of the boots on the cylinder side of the carb. So I have a couple leaky carb boots.

I can't find those boots in any part manuals for the life of me, and the Suzuki dealership in my neighbourhood has not been any help whatsoever. I can find plenty of carb boots for the air box side of the carb, but not for the engine side.
    Why can't I find this part anywhere? Are the boots the same on both ends of the carb?

I'm also wondering if there is a way to temporarily fix leaky seals around the carbs.

Thanks!!

have you checked http://www.partsoutlaw.com/ ?

Comment

Yes I have. And I can only find the boot for the airbox side of the carb.

Thoughts?

Comment

Number 16 here: http://www.partsoutlaw.com/oemparts/...f7/air-cleaner
        Or call/E-mail here: http://jbmindustries.com/ and get some of their last ones for much less $$$ while they still have some left.

Comment

I believe he is looking for the intake pipes that bolt to the head, not the boots that run from the air box to the carbs.
          I do not see them listed on those part diagrams, but the ones I need were listed on the head assembly diagram as #25 PIPE, INTAKE RH 13110-45100 and #26 PIPE, INTAKE LH13120-45100. however I have an 80 gs850glt.
          Note please do not think that these are the ones that will work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ZenShenron View Post
            I believe he is looking for the intake pipes that bolt to the head, not the boots that run from the air box to the carbs.
            I do not see them listed on those part diagrams
            Better look again -part #16 pipe and #17 -O ring
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Eric gave you the links in post #4 and even gave you the item number on the fiche.

If your bike has sync ports on the intake tubes, you might want to stick with Suzuki tubes, not the ones from JBM.
              I don't see ports on any of their tubes. And the cost is not all that much greater, but certainly worth it to have those ports.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by brent79gs View Post
                My 1979 GS750 h

I'm also wondering if there is a way to temporarily fix leaky seals around the carbs.

Thanks!!
                Yup, rebuild it with new o-rings from cycleorings.com, and probably some new fuel bowl gaskets.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                X