Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever bought / used thios carb Allen screw kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever bought / used thios carb Allen screw kit?

Have some pooched GS1100ES carb screws and thought this low-dough screw set would do the trick: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121389905439?...84.m1438.l2649

From what I can see on the actual carb the stock diaphragm cover screws and the lower bowl screws are the same length. The only difference being the lower screw uses a washer. Meanwhile, this kit shows 2 different lengths.

I wrote the seller asking if his photo was for reference only and if his screws are actually 2 different sizes. No response.

Anyone used a dress set like this before? I have Allen case bolts on many of my bikes and I love the look. Would hope this seller knows what he's doing.

W

try this guy

That's his VM sale, he does BS also

I found his sets had a wrong length screw for the tops (due to the fiche being wrong(, called him and he sent me the right length screws for free
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

If you have a metric fastener supply nearby they will be a few pennies apiece.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

To buy them locally in SS Allen head would be probably $50 or even more.

What about the 2 different lengths pictured in the eBay ad I posted? Any clue why they are 2 diff. lengths?

W

Comment

I was looking at these same listings a few days ago. Ended up just measuring my screws and ordering the SS Allen head bolts from Z1 for $.27 each + $.04 per washer. Super cheap and had to place an order anyway.

Wondered about the 2 lengths as well, the tops use 2 washers on mine - a flat and a lock washer.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------
          2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

I ordered several different lengths from these guys and will never need any more.. 100 pcs for 6 bucks. If you can wait 2 weeks for delivery, they are excellent quality.

Comment

ss screws

Mcmaster - Carr has a good assortment also

Comment

I use this guy for SS screws.Not sure what shipping to the US is but within Canada it's really good.Smaller lot sizes are nice to IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by 300kph View Post
                  To buy them locally in SS Allen head would be probably $50 or even more.
                  Why would they cost that much? Where do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by barnbiketom View Post
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-Metri...item1c35bd26c1
                    I ordered several different lengths from these guys and will never need any more.. 100 pcs for 6 bucks. If you can wait 2 weeks for delivery, they are excellent quality.
                    Just ordered a set. At that price, a have a bin slot or two, to fill.

Thanks for the link

Comment

I went to Fastenal and got mine including ones for the carb gang straps. Got the correct lengths as well. Cost me about $16 for everything.
                      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                        Why would they cost that much? Where do you live?
                        There is a nut and bolt shop here that has been around for 60 years and they used to be good they are now a bunch of gougers. I bought 100 SS 6mm washers and they we $18. Small shops wonder why people are buying online. Its a Canadian city of 700K but choices are limited. Not like the US that still believe in value and customer service.

Comment

Working...
                        X