no fuel getting to cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    The vacuum above the diaphragm has NOTHING to do with the butterflies.

The vacuum above the diaphragm that lifts the slide comes from the lower pressure in the venturi (the area directly under the slide), which is caused by increased air velocity. OK, that "increased air velocity" is caused by open butterflies, but the only vacuum the butterflies cause directly actually results in the slides going DOWN.

thats kinda what i meant but you put it better

Comment

ill pull the carbs off tonight or Sunday. once i take the slides out again how do i clean it better than rubbing it with rag full of carb cleaner? should i also have some sort of lube to make it slide easier? Thanks.

Comment

A rag with some carb cleaner will do just fine, NO LUBE on the slides.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I pulled the carbs last night and only one of the slides was stuck still. other three were free. so i took that slide out and cleaned it again. I put the carbs back on but took the air box off just to see if it would start. i didnt want to mess with getting the carbs back in between the intake and air box. took me long enough last time and i just wanted to see if it would start and if it did i would put the air box in. still no start though. it should start though even with the airbox off right? i guess i will do another strip and dip. i didnt have a air compressor last time to blow it out so i will do it this time with one.

Comment

Yes, it should have started, even with the airbox off. Be sure and have your fire extinguisher close at hand, though, in case it backfires through the carbs.

Comment

Working...
            X