colortune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

colortune

Has any one had any experience with Colortune ?

Yes. They seem to work O.K. with VM carbs, not so much with CV carbs. A carbtune, OTOH, is great.

Comment

Recently tuned my GS 850 (VM carbs) with one and found it invaluable, I had to set the fuel needles and air screws after a total strip and clean.I pre-set the air screws to 2 turns (a guess) and did all the adjustment on the fuel needles, would have been real fun and games without the colortune. Balanced them with a home made manometer and the bike's running like a dream. Now a real fan of colortune!
      Colin

Comment

Yes, if you have VM carbs, which were on virtually all GS models up to 1979. In 1980 they went to CV carbs, which do not respond very well to the colortune.

Comment

The Colortune is a fantastic tool for getting the idle screws on VM carbs into the ballpark very quickly. And the flames are sooooo purrrty...

Final fine-tuning is based more on the bike's behavior -- throttle response, idle drop, etc.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
          X