Wanted: Throttle cable bracket on 3rd carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: Throttle cable bracket on 3rd carb

Does anyone have a spare throttle cable bracket that they'd be willing to sell me? 1981 GS850G. I can't find what I'm looking for on ebay. Please see link for picture.

Just checked my spares, I have one.

Let me clean it up, it will be on its way tomorrow.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You're the man Steve! PM a price and I'll paypal you. And while were talking about it, is there anything else you have carb related that I might not have? I bought this bike with the carbs detached and have no idea if I'm missing anything else. I got the bike running previously but was just using my hand to engage the throttle body.

Comment

While the carbs are detached, check the o-rings on the intake boots, they likely need to be changed. Best source is cycleorings.com.

You have all the clamps for both sides of the carbs (airbox and engine)?

Have you rebuilt the carbs?

sigpic
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          While the carbs are detached, check the o-rings on the intake boots, they likely need to be changed. Best source is cycleorings.com.

You have all the clamps for both sides of the carbs (airbox and engine)?

Have you rebuilt the carbs?

Carbs have been completely rebuilt. All new o-rings, gaskets, and jets. Internally the carbs are good to go. Externally I'm missing some things. In pictures on the internet I have seen what looks like wire hangers bent in ways that help with managing cables and/or fuel lines coming into the carbs. I don't have any of those. And I'm also missing the bottom bracket that connects the carbs to each other in a nice straight line. Do you have any of those? If you have spares of that stuff then please send and I'll paypay you $25. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by williampkerr View Post
            And I'm also missing the bottom bracket that connects the carbs to each other in a nice straight line. Do you have any of those?
            The wires that hold the clutch cable are easy to fabricate and attach to the intake boot bolts.

There are two brackets that hold the carbs together. You have the top one? If I remember correctly, the idle speed screw screws into a bracket on the lower brace. You have the idle speed adjuster?

Let's get a picture of what you have, so I can see what you don't have. You can send it to my e-mail, if that is easier.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              The wires that hold the clutch cable are easy to fabricate and attach to the intake boot bolts.

There are two brackets that hold the carbs together. You have the top one? If I remember correctly, the idle speed screw screws into a bracket on the lower brace. You have the idle speed adjuster?

Let's get a picture of what you have, so I can see what you don't have. You can send it to my e-mail, if that is easier.

Ok, yeah I'll fabricate the those wires. Yes, I have the top carb bracket, missing the bottom carb bracket. Yes, I have the idle speed screw and bracket. I'll email you a picture of my current setup when I get home. Thanks!

Comment

I don't remember which bike I made the cable retainer for, I will find it and get a picture to you.

Three of the four bikes are at home right now, the other one will be in on Sunday, so it will be no problem to find it.

sigpic
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                X