How to remove air box on 82' GS550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove air box on 82' GS550

I have been having a issue where it will only idle with full choke but it actually revs to like 6000 rpm. if I turn the choke off it stalls. also I can't open throttle or stalls as well.

SO I was thinking of pulling carbs again, go through them on least time, make sure my floats are set right. also that they are synced right.

I wanted to try the shop rag trick over the carb intakes to make sure I don't have a leaking air box.

SO how do I remove the air box?

The airbox mounts to the right side with a bolt through the frame as well as through the top under the tank/seat. You'll also want to unscrew the manifold to the metal filter box on top and bottom to separate the two halves pulling the manifold out the carb area once the carbs are removed. Finally, it's easiest to remove or at least slide back the rear fender to pull the filter box out the rear.

Are you sure though the idle adjustment is set correctly and how did you clean the carbs in the first place?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
    X