PZ carbs on GS550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PZ carbs on GS550

Im just curious if anyone has tried running a set of chinese PZ carb on there GS.

I use them on my old hondas all the time, they are cheap and work great.

Im just wondering if I could figure out a way to use them?

I would need a 1 into 4 throttle cable, then the choke would be another story, I think they are all lever chokes. Maybe fab up a single lever that is held to the other levers or something.

Would it even be possible?

Or would the work to do it out way the outcome. especcially the jetting. But I could order 4 pz27 for $20 each

I just realized that the majority have a 2 bolt flange to the engine, but some are spigot.

you would be out of sync 7 days a week.
    a real nightmare.........

Comment

You say that it would be out of sync but they have a throttle stop screw and if you could use the same intake flange that is on the bike then you could sync them.

I don't know, I'm just trying to find a cheap way to run pods without buying some 30 year old vm carbs or buying a dynojet kit.

Comment

The cheapest way is the most expensive

This is for your 82?

What's wrong with the stock carbs?
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Im just brain storming, but yes for the 82'

I am having problems with my air box not sealing, I have used weatherstripping on the lid and still nothing.

Tomorrow I'm going to try it with rags over the intake of the carbs and see if it will actually start.

I have CV carbs on it now.

Comment

Originally posted by curtie94 View Post
            You say that it would be out of sync but they have a throttle stop screw and if you could use the same intake flange that is on the bike then you could sync them.

I don't know, I'm just trying to find a cheap way to run pods without buying some 30 year old vm carbs or buying a dynojet kit.
            they would be out of sync because of them not being on a rack with a single cable.
            when the cable length changed(4 cables)...the slide/butterfly would change position.

Comment

Originally posted by curtie94 View Post
              I'm not sure what you have against a jet kit, this is the same price as your el cheapo carbs and much more likely to actually work: http://www.amazon.com/Suzuki-GS550-S...t+suzuki+gs550

Originally posted by Big T View Post
              The cheapest way is the most expensive
              Quoted for truth.

Mark
              1982 GS1100E
              1998 ZX-6R
              2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Working...
              X