Pingel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pingel question

Hi, my 1150 powered Kat is getting the treament.1230 kit & rs36.Will i need to get a pingel tap or do you think the stock one will be ok?

i had problems with my 1150 stock fuel valve and RS36's...at the strip the bike would just nose over.
    i crack the gas cap and it would make a full pass.
    i then installed a pingle duel outlet and ran the cap closed...she was fixed!
    now on my bandit with RS38's it was fine...no starvation at all....just ran it on prime when at the track.

Comment

Your RSs will have 2 inlets. Get a dual outlet Pingel petcock & adapter plate. Get the one with "Reserve" in it.
      Ray.

Comment

What is the adapter spacing on the 1150? 44 mm?
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Pingel makes adapters of various mount bolt offsets and 44mm is one of them. They also make a blank adapter where you drill your own holes as the thread that the bolt threads into is in the tank and not the adapter. You can get a 44mm plate.

Comment

I've seen the various plates. I haven't measured my bolt spacing, but was hoping someone who is running a Pingel on an 1150 could let me know what he did.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

I mounted the Pingel. It was a bit of a PITA to get it set without any leaks. LOVE the smooth action of the lever, and knowing how well it flows.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
              X