GS300L Petcock re-assembly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS300L Petcock re-assembly question

Hi everyone, first off, this is my first post here. I am relatively new to motorcycles in general, and Suzukis very specifically. I recently aquired an 85 GS300L that needs a lot of love. I figured going through it would be a good way to learn about motorcycle maintenance.

The tank and carbs and all will need a lot of work. I started last night by draining the tank and removing the petcock, which had become stuck in the on position. I was relatively careful taking it apart and thought I had a pretty good idea about how it went back together, then I found a screw that I have no idea where it came from. This is the long thin screw, not the one from the diaphragm. I have included a picture of the bike, and a picture from the forum here with the spring in question circled. I guess my question is where does this spring do? I can't figure out any logical place for it. Thanks!

03.jpg

the bike

Here is the beauty in question.
    photo (2)_small.jpg

Comment

OK, kind of obvious now that I figured it out, but figured I would put some closure on the thread. The little spring fits between the lever and the white truncated cone type valve thingy.

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up. Nice bike! And welcome!
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
        X