Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with petcock 1979 gs850g

Hi everyone.

I just purchased some parts for my old bike to try to get it ridable this season.

I was forced to lower my purchase to an aftermarket k&n petcock that stated it was for the 1979 gs850g.

When trying to install the center bolt holes show 44mm center to center but do not seem to fit because the "cone/filter" that reaches to the top of tank is wider than the original.

Original petcock filter is 1.8 cm and new is 2.0 cm

The original petcock has "450. 94 11" stamped on it.

Is my OEM petcock not the standard petcock for the gs850g. ?

Have enclosed picture.

CameraZOOM-20140830112925291.jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2014, 12:03 PM. Reason: added measurements

Looks like your OEM is the standard petcock. All you have to do to make the new one fit is file the hole in the tank a bit so that it fits, lots of us have had to do that. As long as the petcock seals on the tank and the screw holes line up you are good to go.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Yeah just did same to my bike, doesn't take much to elongate hole. I used a small grinding stone on my dremel, took five minutes. terrylee

Comment

you may find these helpful link for my drag specialties petcock and Pingel bracket replacement, ran into a similar issue, grabbed the wrong mount Pictures some times help
        be careful and don't over size the hole. no vacuum port just full fuel flow also have a large Fuel filter before the carbs not shown.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Working...
        X