air box hoses or rubber boot thingies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air box hoses or rubber boot thingies

I need them. Z1 has them for 850 and 1000GS but no listing for 450. Are they the same diameter and will they fit my air box tight? Or what is another good source?

I want to keep my airbox.

Diameter is not the only thing to worry about, there is also length and angle.

You looking for the boots between the airbox and the carbs or the carbs and the engine?

Either way, one good source is Parts Outlaw.
    Click HERE for the airbox side boots (note that there is a left-hand boot and a right-hand boot).
    Click HERE for the engine side boots (these are both the same).

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve

Thank you. I checked with Parts Outlaw online and there is a filter on my computer that loads the site in a jumbled way so I was going to call them. I purchased the carb hangers already and have soaked the carbs and purchased new clamps.

Yes I realized that they have an angle and a depth I need to be concerned with. I want it air tight and done right. The issue that I am concerned with is just reliablity. I don't mind re-jetting the carbs for the pods but I felt like the airbox would be more reliable in the long run, say like I got stuck in a rain storm, I figure the air box to be water tight and safer.

Comment

Working...
      X