The center sync adjustment on a GS 850gl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The center sync adjustment on a GS 850gl

I do not know if this question has been asked before but Iwas trying to sync my carbs last weekend and I found it impossible to get tothe inboard adjustment. Its under thethrottle cable adjustment bracket and choke cable tube. I cannot get the adjustment tool or any other tool on that one adjustment nut and screw. Any tips on how to get the tools on that oneadjustment while the carbs on the bike? Its the one that syncs the one and two and 3 and four cylinders together. Or like I said the one in the center of the 3 sync adjustments. Any yes the tank was off of the bike. The bike is an 82 gs850gl.

Warm the bike up good and unscrew those brackets to move them out of your way. Put the screws back in the carb tops. Start the bike and adjust your idle speed. If you have to rev it just manually open the throttle. I don't know about yours but it's best to keep the cable attached to the carbs on mine since it's such a pain to get it back in. I think my brackets had to be moved for the sync too so I found some way to keep the cable attached.
    Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

Hey thanks a lot man! Ill try that.

Comment

You can open up the butterflies wide open to get the wrench on the nut and loosen it. Then sync it and snug it up, then turn it off and open the butterflies up to tighten it up.

Comment

Working...
        X