Gsx750 carb build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gsx750 carb build

These have been in storage for probably 12 months and are now out for a rebuild.

Plans are to replace the bolts with stainless Allen key ones. The body internals are spotless as I cleaned them not long before I out them into storage going to paint strip the outside 2 carbs to get them spotless and leave them in bare alloy.
    IMAG0171.jpg

Clean but still needs some cosmetic touch ups
    IMAG0164.jpg

Comment

Will this effect the performance of the carbs? Its on all of them. I can'tsee light through the tear but iI don'tlike the look of it.IMAG0168.jpg

Comment

is it split? looks like a mark. if it isn't split it wont affect the vacuum

Comment

the rubber has worn through on one side each diaphragm has 4 wear marks on it.

Comment

Now take the fuel bowls and the diaphragm covers and polish them out.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I can polish the fuel bowls but the top covers are plastic

Comment

So when you say "worn through" does that mean there is a hole? If there is a hole you can probably get new diaphragms from JBM industries.

Comment

I don't know if these are replaceable or not. They have a plastic ring on the top and a metal ring underneath.

Comment

They can be replaced quite easily, you have to breaker one of the plastic rings off. The is a tutorial on the JBM site on how to do it. I replaced them on a honda shadow and they worked great. Very high quality parts.

Comment

Found a Hole in 2 Diaphragms. Will need to get a set from JBM.

Carbs are spotless inside but the outsides are still abit grubby. Not sure if i should blast them or just boil them in carb cleaner again.

Comment

KFC you replace 2 you might as well replace them all. If you have 2 that ate bad I bet the others aren't far behind and for another 40 bucks you might as well get 4

Comment

Carbs are ready for re-assembly, apart from the rubber diaphragms which i will order from JBM Industries. Just need to check the float levels and either paint the 2 carb supporting brackets or replate them, I'm thinking paint.

Comment

Working...
                          X