carb. intake boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb. intake boots

(1980 Gs750E) Found a tear in one of my carb boots from previous owners use of hose clamps verses the proper clamp. They have been replaced with new ones at some time, but.... after searching online for relacement I have a question. I noticed that there are rt. and lf. and I checked bike bandit for part number comparison. Will GS1100 boots fit a GS750E? There are many for sale on line, most seem to be from 1100 bikes. A decent used one will do till I get funds for 4, I have the tear moved over the carb lip and the clamp is sealing it temporarly, so no leak and running good now, she was whistling though from that tear.

IIRC, the 750 tubes are slightly smaller. Perhaps one of the nice forum members has a good used one for you.
    I have a bunch of good used 1100 tubes if those will work.

Comment

First of all, do yourself a favor, ... ignore Bike BANDIT. They are the second-most expensive vendor available and are the only ones that use their own part numbering scheme, making it hard to do any comparisons.

Second, restrict your search for intake boots to '80-'83 750s.

Just for reference, BANDIT's price for those boots is $18.66.

The same item at Parts Outlaw is $15.47.

Not a real big difference, but when you go to check out, enter the word "BANG" in the promo box, they will reduce their flat-rate shipping charge of $9.99 down to FREE.

This is one of the few times you can be thankful that you don't have one of the larger shafties, that same part is $27.16.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

750 is smaller on both sides.
        an 1100 boot is a 492 i believe and an 1150 is a 00A.
        i forget the 750 boot marking's.
        you can use a left or right either one...just flip it around.

i think the 750 boots are marked 454..
        Last edited by blowerbike; 10-07-2014, 11:41 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Steve, I've never ordered from B/B and don't plan to, just use as a referance. Hence the word "bandit", I always use 1980 when doing a search, manifold changed within a few years. some of the vendors/sellers state 750/1100 but I saw the numbers were differant on the boots.

Comment

Working...
          X