OEM Replacement Choke Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Replacement Choke Cable

Hi all. I bought a replacement choke cable and as I came to reconnect it to the carbs, I noticed it has no threaded fitting on the end like the original cable had, where it fastens to the carb choke shaft fitting. It appears to still work but I was curious if I've been sent the wrong cable or whether there's been a design change over the years. It has the right part number listed on the packaging but clearly isn't the same as the old cable. Any knowledge would be appreciated.

where did you order it from?
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Bikebandit. Never had a problem with them before.

Comment

"Problem" solved. While cleaning up the garage bench for the winter, I found a zip lock bag mixed up with some other stuff. Written on it was "Part that fell off choke cable". Apparently several months ago I had the forethought of keeping this part and labeling it, but not the memory to recall I had it. Getting old, sucks. Needless to say, its the fitting that slides over the end of the clutch cable outer casing, and then screws into to the choke linkage on the carbs. Works a treat. Why a new cable doesn't come with a new fitting like this I don't know, but anyway, it works now.

Stupid question I'm afraid, my apologies for posting. Hopefully if someone else finds this in the future, they'll at least know what they're looking for.

Comment

No need to apologize for posting. It's just a reminder to keep everything AND LABEL IT.

Also would be a good time to inform you that there are MANY other places that are better and cheaper than Bike BANDIT for buying your OEM parts. Besides, they are the ONLY ones that use their own parts numbering system, rather than official Suzuki numbers.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X