Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAC 4 into 2 chrome turnout exhaust install for a 1979 gs750 . Anyone done this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAC 4 into 2 chrome turnout exhaust install for a 1979 gs750 . Anyone done this??

Hi

I have a 1979 8-valve Suzuki GS750L motorcycle (what a durable engine!) that my wife bought for me for $550 about 4 years ago. Over the past 4 years, I have been slowly chipping away at improving it (most recently improvements were made with the electrical system and the fuel delivery system).

For those of you out there that have (or know someone that has) used the MAC exhaust system:

1) Were there any problems that were encountered during installation??
    2) How did the new exhaust affect the motorcycles overall performance after the installation was complete??
    3) Are there any cheaper options out there to consider aside from the MAC exhaust??

Any input that any of you could give would be helpful.

Thanks

BigCheese

My experiences with Mac, tho not on a GS, are that they are thin, cheaply made, and loud. Some people like that a lot.

Comment

Hi

thanks for the response. What are the alternatives??

Bigcheese

Comment

Vance and Hines for brand new is pretty much about it or try and find a used pipe, but that's pretty hard, I have the same bike as you and have been looking for an old Yoshimura or Kerker for 4 months now!

Comment

I bought a new V&H for my 1100. It looks nice but it's restrictive both at the undersized collector and the baffle. I have a larger baffle insert in the works but the collector will stay. The collector ID should be twice that of the header ID on a 4 banger, at least, in my opinion
          Last edited by Guest; 10-16-2014, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Don't get the turnout... get the 4-1 its $70 cheaper

Comment

Working...
            X