VM33's on 16 valve 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VM33's on 16 valve 1100

I have a set of VM33's that I had on my 1085. I since removed them and replaced with BST34SS off a GSXR1100, way better, more streetable.

Now I have this 1100ES. Being a 16 valves engine do you think they are more appropriate, will work better than the 8 valve engine?

its a shame as they are fully rebuilt, but an expensive piece of decoration.

cheers,
    Daryl
    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head :cool:
    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017:D

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

the problem is engine size not valve number, the 33mm smoothbores are suited to big motors
    if your 16 valve is stock they might not be the go either
    your 8 valve at 1085 using the 33s would have little bottom end grunt 29 or 31mm would have been better

Comment

any 1100 16v. i have road with 33's was a hoot.
      as with any mechanical carb you just can't whack it open from 2-3 grand without a bog or hesitation but spin it a little higher and the fun begins.
      can't compare mechanical's to vacuum carbs...one set is smooooooth and the other is just an animal for making power.

Comment

Working...
      X