Choke Cable Stuck/Frozen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by habsdoc View Post
    The only reason to not ride when the temperature drops below 0, is if there are bad conditions like snow and ice. If I was to not ride when the temperature gets close to or below 0, I would loose 30-45 days of my already short riding season. I just gear up and enjoy as much time on my bike as possible. We all can't live in tropical areas because it would just be to crowded there then.
    So true. I may have to ride in a few hours, even though it's 22 degrees f with wind chill (I know that doesn't impress you Canadians).

But I'm jonesing (six days since my last ride, and that was only 10 miles). So I gotta start her up. And it might damage her to come back before she's warmed up (200 f), so I'll have to ride at least 15 or 20 miles.

That's the upside of winter - you treasure every ride.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerophone View Post
      Not happy about putting the bikes away for winter here either! Hoping it warms up for a few more rides, last year I rode all the way into December but this pre-Thanksgiving cold spell might signal the end of my season. I'll take the heat and dust storms over the snow in the winter here in Utah but you can keep the heat in the summer!
      Naw we can share the summer heat lol.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Oh azr, I am planning on moving and joining in on the fun weather in your general area. But I need to finnish up work here first before I can let the good times roll. Just need to get the time in to get the money in order to be able to play with all the toys. I hope there will still be some room left.
        1981 GS 1000GLX.
        1981 GS 1000G.
        1981 GS 650GLX.
        1975 TS 185.
        1972 100. Kawasaki.
        1968 100. Suzuki.
        1970 Z 50. Honda.
        1984 CT 70. Honda. (Kids)
        1982 DS 50. Suzuki. (Kids)

Comment

Working...
        X