Yippie! Picked up some new carbs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yippie! Picked up some new carbs.

Well, not exactly new but new to me. Was looking for a spare set of GS1100G carbs and came across these:

Ebay Link to Carbs

Figured anything less then $100 for an unmolested set was a decent deal. Based on the condition of all the screws and the adjustment plugs being still intact, I'm betting they haven't been opened.

First thing after I receive them will be a complete strip and dip.
    http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
    1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Received the carbs today. Opened the box and there was a distinct smell of VERY old gas. Carbs look in pretty decent shape. No stripped screws and all the mixture adjustment screw caps are still in place.

O-rings ordered from cycleorings.com. De-ganged all the carbs and removed all the internal parts from each. Looks to me like the bike has sat for a long time since all the fluids inside had turned to jell. Removed all the internals and placed them in numbered zip lock baggies. Sure does feel good when you get the last jet out and all the mixture screws out. Pilots and needle jets were completely clogged. First carb is in the dip and the process begins. 4 days later I should have a completely rebuilt new set. The only weird thing found so far is that 3 out of 4 carbs did not have the pilot plugs installed. Getting much faster at rebuilding these old carbs.
    http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
    1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Working...
    X