Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choke assembly on 1981 GS450

Hi,

Have just bought this 1981 GS450 (not sure if it's an S or an E). The carbs seem to have been changed somewhere along the line; I cannot seem to find what Mikuni model they are. There doesn't seem to be a choke lever on the carbs; all the photos I have seen on the web show carbs with a choke lever on the left hand side. Can anyone give me a clue what model they are and how the choke is activated. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    1981 GS450

In stock form, there was a lever on left hand side of left carb part #46 in pic. Note that choke on bike is really an enriching device, not a plate that blocks carb throat

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Here it is:

Pull out for "choke," push in for none.
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Many thanks for your quick reply

Pulled it out and started on first attempt. Can set idling to 1200 - 1300 now instead of the 2000 rpm it was before. Thanks again.

Here it is:

Pull out for "choke," push in for none.[/QUOTE]
        1981 GS450

Comment

My choke has a knob on there.
          see http://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gsx400-1...2.html#results
          perhaps someone got the carbs from a "GSX400" which were apparently sold in the UK too
          That knob is one of the few differences between 450's and 400's
          Last edited by Gorminrider; 05-19-2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

What you have looks like the setup on my 83 450TX which has a cable attached to the middle of the shaft between the carbs and is activated by a lever on the handlebars.

Comment

By the way, you have BS34SS carbs.

Comment

Working...
              X