pilot fuel screw part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pilot fuel screw part number

Guys, I am trying to locate pilot fuel screws (the ones under the carb next to float bowl) that have extentions on them for easy adjustment (Factory Pro longboys). My bike is a GS1000EN 1979 with VM (28mm) carbs, the guys at Factory Pro have asked me what the orginal part number is and for the love of it I can find it anywhere , asked a few vintage Suzuki parts suppliers and they can't help. If anyone here can help that would be great....

RB

I have just read this from the Z1 site, 'many models with the fuel screws do not either show the part on the parts diagram, or there are no part numbers.as they were considered part of the sealed carb set'

It looks like there is no Suzuki part number, (I did find the Kawasaki part number for the equivelent piece 16014-018.) unless some knows of a number.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2015, 01:36 PM.

These are the only stock ones that I have been able to actually see a picture of anywhere. And some say that the KZ 1000 ones are the same but with that dropped down stem for adjustments..which I suspect is what you have. stock ones dont hang below the rim of the holes.

I have not purchased these myself so I cant speak to them as far as if they are correct or not. Maybe someone thats has used these can give some feedback before you spend the money.

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

i have used these fuel screws from Z1 on VM28's and they work perfectly.......
      Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I have these on my other carbs and they work great, see link to factorypro and their 'longboys' these look like adjustment would be easy, I asked if they did them for the GS1000 but asked for the orginal part number, hence this thread.

cheers

RB

Comment

You are correct, there is no Suzuki part number for the fuel screw

However, checking that link, Factory has their part listed wrong

GS 750s -79-83 - the 79s use a VM carb, the 80's and newer have a BS carb-so it can't be the same part
          Same with the 850's
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

For Europe; have a look here: http://www.motorradbay.de/mixturescrews-c-177-5.html
            These are Keyster carb parts. €7 shipping within Europe

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
              i have used these fuel screws from Z1 on VM28's and they work perfectly.......
              http://www.z1enterprises.com/ItemDet...tem=SIK-1157SK
              I have used them too, but they are no easier to adjust. The only thing for that is to make or find a flat blade screwdriver that fits in there with your hand and is short enough with enough grip to turn accurately in a cramped position. I have the angled tool and it is not a lot easier and harder to keep in the slot.
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
              X