What was the best header for GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the best header for GS1100E

I know there are a lot of different header designs for these bikes. Are they all 1 1/2 inch primaries. What are the best designs. I see the Yosh is pretty sought after.
    1981 GS1100E
    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Stainless ...

Comment

Tingate....

Comment

I believe the Yosh race system (I have one on my 1150) has larger primary tubes.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Stainless rocks, titanium that would be sweet too. I was wondering is any of the pipes stood out in their design. I am seeing a lot of 1.5 inch tubes can anyone chime in what size theirs is. Anyone want to show off their pipe and tell about it.
          1981 GS1100E
          1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Looks like my all time favorite pipe performed well. I always liked the look and sound of the Supertrapp Stainless.

Comment

Good luck finding one
                1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                2007 DRz 400S
                1999 ATK 490ES
                1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Wow the stock pipes do great. I am going to have to look at a supertrap that is on an 82 GS1100E parts bike I spotted locally for sale.
                  1981 GS1100E
                  1982 GS1100E

Comment

Speaking of finding one. Tingates in Oz where the pipe to use in racing in the 80s. Closely followed by the Megacycle. Ill edit this when the sun comes up for Primary tube Dia.

Comment

Actually stainless 4:2:1 is best for the street, but you will likely have to adapt something from a GSXR or Bandit to get this onto your GS. Most all of the older pipes are 4:1.

Comment

Bassani Superbike pipe

Comment

Anyone got a beat up Bassani, or yosh that is unusable for a pattern.
                          1981 GS1100E
                          1982 GS1100E

Comment

The problem with the chart Ed posted is that it is MISLEADING. The difference is in REMOVING the airbox & installing a Stage 3 jet kit & with pod filters is a HUGE difference! More airflow, with more fuel added, means more POWER! For a STREET pipe, the V&H, Kerker or street Yoshimuras make good power. The Bassani or the 3 other pipes, WITH competition baffles, will make even MORE power but are LOUD! The stainless Supertrapp is the easiest to keep looking good over the long run as anything chrome or painted WILL eventually rust. Any 4 into 1(except MAC, which is garbage!) will make good power when jetted correctly & have a nice tone. I have jetted GS1100s & 1150s with just about every pipe out there & have seen HUGE improvements over the stock pipes, power wise.
                            Ray.

Comment

Bought my 1100 with V&H, found the airbox lid missing, tried to order one!

Just ****ed that my mechanic neglected to run it on the dyno before he rejetted it for the pods I installed.

I know the 108 HP is a crank claim (get it? ), so I consider the 99.3 an increase. Funny thing is, the new, improved (I assume) torque number matches the original claimed torque, 68. So I guess torque increased more than HP with the jetting and pods?
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                              X