Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel leaking from carb T-fitting

Hey guys,

Well unfortunately I have a fuel leak from my 78 gs750 Carb T-fitting, yes the one that is discontinued!

What does everyone do to fix this? Where can I find the one that uses the O-rings? I cannot find an OEM Suzuki part number!

My bike is ready to ride except for this fuel leak from the T-fitting!

Let it sit overnight. It may swell back up and seal itself

I think Z1 stocks a replacement T
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

It was leaking last year so I took the carbs off and replaced the float bowl gaskets thinking that was the problem, just put it back together and started it up and it is obviously still leaking.

Does anyone know of a replacement part number through Z1 or where to get the T-fitting that takes the o-rings?

Comment

Heres the transfer tubes..

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Heres the fuel tee..

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

IMPORTANT NOTE:::: The orings that come on them from Z1 are just a tad tight..and hard to get installed. What I do is to get the hemostats out and pinch a wad of 000 steel wool and twist it around in the carb body to smooth the hole out and get it shiney and smooth. Then I use a Qtip and put a thin smear of grease in the hole. Grease the orings and press them in as straight as you can.

If you get them at an angle and dont prep the holes and grease them you stand a chance of the orings tearing. I love Z1...dont get me wrong here...BUT their orings are a pain in the azs to use.
        Last edited by chuck hahn; 04-03-2015, 05:58 PM.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Perfect, thanks Chuck ��, I love this website!

Comment

If you need a cheap quick fix go to Harbor Freight and buy a can of liquid pliers, the stuff you paint on handles of pliers for better grip. Paint the ends of the fuel tubes with a q-tip lightly, let it dry over night on a piece of wire and put them in the next day. Obviously this isn't as good as the new tubes with O-rings but it will work until you get the good ones or until they start to leak which is a long time

Comment

Working...
            X