Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 GS750E Manifold Boots

Hey all,

To update from my other thread I got the new main jets for my bike! I went to install them today sure enough when I pulled the crab off two manifold boots decided to come with it. I knew I had a slight leak at the end of last season, so I guess I was due. But, of course I always have issues and questions.

The first issue is that I cannot get the manifold screws out to save my life. I read up on some of the methods provided on this site, but I do not have the resources to accomplish the task. Thus, I will out source to a mechanic.

Questions:

1) When looking for new manifold/intake boots, are there different variants or styles? I.e will the same manifold boots fit, a GS750, GS750 E,L, ect....

2) If they are all the same will these boots work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine-Suzuki-Intake-Manifold-Boots-GS750-E-L-GS850G-GS1000-E-L-NOTES-E89/271818289672hash=item3f49a1f208&vxp=mtr

3) When installing the new boots, I know I have to use some sort of grease/high temp paste or something for the new o-rings. I have this all purpose grease in the pic below. I am assuming it will not work, if It does let me know. If not, what should I buy, I have seen recommendations for Indian Head Gasket Shellac Compound. Thoughts?

Thank you as always.
    Attached Files

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
    X