Exhaust searching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust searching...

Searching...searching....for an 1980 GS 1000G complete exhaust system....searching....searching

If you are looking for an original 4-2 Exhaust system, there is not much out there. As in the previous post V&H makes a 4-1, however the pipes are likely single walled and will discolor. My system was stolen off my back deck by an unscrupulous scrap metal dealer early one morning. I did not want a 4 into 1 system and ended up scouring a local MC junkyard til I found the headers that would fit. The pipes were shot and I had to cut them off. I had two sleeves welded on and ended up with a set of slip on mufflers. The mufflers were made by Mac and came with an adjustable mounting bracket. I had the headers re-chromed and had to do a bit of McGuivering to get the whole thing to fit. I also found a set of the cover plates at the junkyard and had these re-chromed as well. Had to get the mounting nuts welded onto the system. All in all I was very pleased with the result. It looks original and no one can tell that it it is not. All in all, with the chroming and the pipes, and the used set at the junkyard it cost me just under $500. The originals were in dubious condition and badly rusted. They would have likely cost more to refurbish. Mac is not the only supplier of mufflers, but they had a set that looked original with a sliding mounting bracket and the baffles are removable unlike the originals.

Comment

I have a complete exhaust that is SOLID. Off the same bike as yours.
      I'll cut you a deal
      Where are you located?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
      X