Any try the new Delkevic SS exhausts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any try the new Delkevic SS exhausts?

Looking for some impressions/reviews on them.
    http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
    1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

I am hoping to hear the same exciting details, just for when somebody made them work on a 850.

Comment

Nice looking exhaust, I'd like to hear a review on it.

Comment

I wish they had a kit for the GS650. I have the Mac header and muffler, and overall the quality is pretty bad (already showing rust). I emailed Delkevic to see if I could get the muffler with the baffles, and they said it would be $100 shipped.
        1983 GS650G
        Build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=66251.0

Comment

Chucksuki has one.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I'm really impressed so far. I'm in the middle of moving right now so I haven't had a chance to tweak the carbs and rebalance but I had them running slightly rich prior to the switch and I don't think it's far off. Pulls hard all the way through the gears with very little dead spots. That is with the stock air box with lid on, k&n filter, and perfect carbs. I ran down the road with the lid off the air box and it was waaay lean. It pops just a little bit as I decelerate and the engine runs a bit hotter so it does seem slightly lean. I'm hoping to be able to tune my carbs in with the air box lid off without having to rejet. We'll see. I'm planning on tuning it to run with the lid off cuz that seems to be the key to actually experiencing the most hp gain. According to science anyway. I do however seem to notice an already significant gain to torque in all ranges of the gears ESPECIALLY at the torque band I'm guessing from the weight loss and better flow. My wife even noticed a difference if that tells you anything. And I have one of those that doesn't seem to notice anything I do to my bikes, or jeeps and cars for that matter. Goldening has already started and it's beautiful! The sound on the freeway is just awesome. Sounds like pure Japanese muscle. Hope this helps

Comment

Sorry, there are NO dead spots. Not sure why I typed "very little"

Comment

I'm picking up my delkevic system tomorrow, it arrived at the post office. I am in the midst of fighting the electrical gremlins with new R&R and one of posplayr's SSPB. As soon as that is all straightened out I'll get to slotting the clamps and installing. We shall see how one fits on an 850. I'm planning on running full stock with newly rebuilt carbs, I am hoping a minimum of twiddling with carbs will be necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by oddcycle View Post
                  I'm picking up my delkevic system tomorrow, it arrived at the post office. I am in the midst of fighting the electrical gremlins with new R&R and one of posplayr's SSPB. As soon as that is all straightened out I'll get to slotting the clamps and installing. We shall see how one fits on an 850. I'm planning on running full stock with newly rebuilt carbs, I am hoping a minimum of twiddling with carbs will be necessary.
                  Please do post pics of the slotting and fitment once you get to that point.
                  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zH8w8Civs8ejBJWjdvYi1LNTg&resourcekey=0-hlJp0Yc4K_VN9g7Jyy4KQg&authuser=fussbucket_1%40msn.com&usp=drive_fs
                  1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                  1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

There's someone on facebook claiming that the Delkevic system for the 750E will fit an 850. Says it's all over GSR, though I haven't seen that info here. Does anyone know if this is true?
                    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zH8w8Civs8ejBJWjdvYi1LNTg&resourcekey=0-hlJp0Yc4K_VN9g7Jyy4KQg&authuser=fussbucket_1%40msn.com&usp=drive_fs
                    1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                    1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Originally posted by oddcycle View Post

According to the brochure that comes with it, you don't need to rejet, and in fact, it says if you have, you may need to go back to stock jets.

I have one on mine. No instructions, so I wasn't sure I should mount the head pipes to the collector first or pipes to head, then collector. Pipes fit on collector rather tightly and I had to use a hammer and block to get it on. I think it was easier with the head pipes on first. I have been riding it with all the baffles in place, but just recently pulled out the smaller baffle, but haven't ridden it yet.

In my opinion, you can't beat a stainless header for the price.

Last edited by Deuce; 03-19-2016, 01:34 PM.
                      https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/...678005be58.jpg

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                      Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Working...
                      X