Main jet question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helmutholderbenz View Post
    Some people will ask a question they already know the answer to to get a conversation started. I want to talk about my bike and what I'm doing to it and how I can make it better. I come to this forum to get help and answers from people I believe have similar interest but most people in this forum get mad at the new guy for asking questions. I thought thats what a live forum was for, to ask questions, give answers and just shar the love we have for these bikes. You guys got me scared to even ask a question. Think about that! Helmut
    Thank you ; that is one of the most enlightening posts I have read in a very long time.

Comment

The first post I read I was thinking I'd start with a 130-135 main.
      It is always good to start large and work your way down. Keep an eye out for speckled spark plugs which is the beginning of a bad ending.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
        The first post I read I was thinking I'd start with a 130-135 main.
        It is always good to start large and work your way down. Keep an eye out for speckled spark plugs which is the beginning of a bad ending.
        Thanks chef1366, I will be sure to keep an eye on my spark plugs. (going to go check them now) Thanks everyone for your replies and advice, its much appreciated. I think today I'm not going to work on my bike, I'm going to ride it! (after I check my plugs) Its been a long process and I'm going to enjoy the fruits of my labor! Keep it on two wheels everyone! Helmut

Comment

Working...
        X