Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450tx Petcock routing

Hey guys im new here, i just picked up my first bike, the gs450tx

I got it running today and i have a few problems.

What ive done to the bike so far.
    New Battery, New Tires, Brakes, Fresh Fuel, Cleaned Carbs
    What previous owners have done
    Pod Filters and kept the recycler open to the air!

Im having a few issues with my bike

I got it running today, however when i give it some gas from idle it wants to run away, it stays in the 6000 rpm range, (linkage is not sticking, nor cable)

2: What is the vaccum hose routing on this, i see two vacuum outs on the sides of the Mikunis, and im not sure where they go,
    I know the bottom most one is fuel, and where does the topmost one go on the left carb. (I need a general hose routing explanation here)

How i have it routed now (the two vacuum ports are connected together) and the top most connection is going to the 2nd input on the petcock

Thanks! I love the bike so far!
    Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2015, 04:11 PM.

Running away at idle suggests possible vacuum leak, the usual suspect is the o-rings between the carb boots and the engine are flattened and not sealing. It could also be running lean; if PO put on pods and didn't rejet you may have to sort that out. Once you get it running on the street do some plug chops as described on the BikeCliff site linked below.

If you add your bike to your signature line(year and model), we will better know what we are dealing with in all future posts. Consider adding your location to your profile, you might get local help.

See if you can find a manual here, and browse around for a few hours while you're at it: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/. There will be a diagram in the manual that shows your vacuum/vent routing.

Then start looking at this: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ewbie+mistakes

Good luck, sounds like you're off to a good start! Keep us posted.
    Last edited by CrazyCloud; 04-14-2015, 05:10 PM.
    Regards,
    Jason

Comment

Thank you,

Its a 1982 Suzuki Gs 450Tx with 24000 miles!

Comment

Working...
      X