Modify stock exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
    Hate to sond like an ass, but i chopped my pipes and love the sound!
    My pipes are pretty loud, but I've never had them sound like an ass.

Comment

nice!!! lmao

Comment

Originally posted by RocThaBeard View Post
        I have an 85 gs550l. I would like to modify the existing stock exhaust to be louder. I've read many posts from ALL OVER that state having to either re jet or readjust the air fuel mixture after baffle removal. I'm looking for any info to modify with the least cash out of pocket right now. Any advice or points into the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
        Dead cheap and simple way to make it louder:
        Take a brush pole, sharpen one end, and ram it right up the the muffler.
        There ya go.
        Remember to remove the brush pole before you go out into traffic.
        ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

redbaron, someone over on kawasakimotorcycles.org(i think that's the one at any rate) had an exhaust on a kz1100(?) that had the aftermarket with removable caps and baffles, and what she did was took a 2 foot piece of pipe, about the length of the cans, and cross drilled the pipes every half inch to 1 inch, used the can packing, slipped the new "baffle" and actually really enjoyed the improvement. me on the other hand, bought a stock kz police exhaust that has the baffles punched out and i kinda dig how it sounds, but that's just me and MHO. you might be able to cut the can ends off, make some new baffles, and reweld the ends back on. if you were up here in WA, i'd do the welding for you.

to the OP, don't ruin a perfectly good exhaust. like what Steve has already mentioned, good contition original exhausts are going for some pretty good coin right now and could get you alot further looks, sound, and performance wise than just punching out the cans or just hacking them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
            Dead cheap and simple way to make it louder:
            Take a brush pole, sharpen one end, and ram it right up the the muffler.
            There ya go.
            Remember to remove the brush pole before you go out into traffic.

hey, you just gave me an idea for an anti-tailgater device. just hook up one can to an exhaust cut out like you see on some old "street" cars, and when someone starts riding your hind quarters like a jackzz, flip a switch. i think they'll get the idea pretty quick

Comment

Working...
            X