Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaned out my jets a few more issues to go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaned out my jets a few more issues to go!

Hey all, i just cleaned out the jets on my 1982 Suzuki GS450 and shes starting right up with the choke on (well aslong as i hold it at 3000+rpm)

I still have a few Issues i need help with

1:Previous owner put pod filters on the bike.... and left the original jets Does anyone know what jets i need (82 gs450 stock exhaust tips)

2:And another question, ive been seeing people mention an o ring seal between the carb and the boot
    Does that o-ring go on the carburetor in the channel that goes into the engine? Or am i missing something completely, because as of now i haven't found a single o-ring in the whole system, other than the fuel rail

3: What do people with pod filters do about the PCV recycler on top of the engine? Mine has a hose going down in between the carbs hooked up to nothing and just venting!

So far the bike is running alot better, ive put 30 miles on it running around the neighborhood already! And sorry if alot of these questions seem like im beating a dead horse, im new to bikes!

The boot o-ring is #27 in this fiche get them from cycleorings.com, a member on here

basscliff's has carb specs here

if you are forced to stick with pods, the stock jet sizes will be no good without stock airbox setup.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X