Anyone using a MAC 2 into 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using a MAC 2 into 1?

Any experience with the MAC 2 into 1 exhaust system? Is the quality any good?

Heard that they flow similar to stock & the Chrome quality is not great. No direct experience personally.

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I have a set of them and they are not bad, but the chrome quality is not as good as the triple plated chrome I had done on the rest of the bike. They hold up though with care. The baffles are removable and they come with a sliding bracket that you can attach to your own bracket on the bike. They do not have the indentations that the originals did but mine fit with only 1/4 inch to spare from the nuts on the rear wheels. They look original and the exterior can does not heat up as much as the cans that were on my bike when I bought it. They were hot. Think I paid $59 CDN each. Not bad value for the money. The ones I got are the slip ons. I had the pipes cut and a sleeve welded on, so they were easy to fit on. Will take them apart in a few weeks and look inside to see how they are holding up. The only thing that concerns me is the water vapour that collect on the inside and I want to see if there is any rusting on the inside of the can.

Comment

Working...
      X