Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Port Washer Source -Suzuki 09168-05010

Hi Guys

Just curious if anyone has had any luck finding an equivalent to the little copper washers used on the intake port bolts/plugs on a GS750. I Believe Suzuki's part number is 09168-05010. I'd rather not order online, pay shipping, and wait 2-3 days. Has anyone found anything this small at their local hardware or automotive parts store? I plan to look around a bit tomorrow, but I didn't want to run all over town if someone has already been down that road.

Thanks!

I ended up finding some copper washers at True Value, but they were more of a flat washer, and not a crush type washer. The local motorcycle shop had some crush washers, but they were a bit too large in ID. I ended up ordering a pack of $10.00 from eBay for $6.00 shipped. Might as well have the right ones installed as I don't want any vacuum leaks.

Comment

I didn't realize those were crush washers. I would imagine any copper or aluminum washer of the right size would work. Yes, they should seal as well as possible but no it's not quite as critical as something like a brake line or oil fitting.

Although it is hard to find crush washers in retail stores for some reason. Even if you walk into an auto parts shop and ask for crush washers, they'll usually point you to a universal thermostat repair kit or something dumb like that. It's generally more cost-effective to buy hardware in bulk and build up a supply than to buy these little pieces onesy-twosey from Suzuki!
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I've used 3/16" copper or aluminum washers from the hardware store for years. (3/16" converts to 4.76mm, but washers are made a bit oversize.) There's nothing magical or special about the Suzuki washers.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
        X