Bike will not idle down!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R1reaper View Post
    Put needles and jets in my small heated parts bath for about three hours. Now I didn't break carbs from the rail and completely rebuild them, But I did a good cleaning of all internal parts.
    I will respectfully disagree with your assessment of what constitutes a "good cleaning".

Even though your parts bath is heated, three hours is simply not enough. AND, not "break[ing] the carbs from the rail" is a GUARANTEE that they are not yet fully cleaned.

That's OK, keep trying a few more "shortcuts", you will soon be VERY proficient at pulling the carbs and re-installing them.

We don't keep typing this stuff just to hear our keyboards click, we do it to (maybe) save you some frustration. Your choice.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I figured the idle problem out. It was a split vacuum line leaking. Also once I found it and got the idle down. I decided to sync the carbs. But I found a much larger problem when the idle came down there is a nasty rattle/knock/grinding. I am kind of freaking out about this new problem. I like the look and feel of her. If any body know these motors well and where I should start. Any advice would be great. Oh Since I found the noise. I change the oil three times. Running the motor for about thirty minutes then draining the oil and filtering the oil looking for metal shavings. Nothing! no metal at all. This weekend I plan to drain the oil, remove both case covers and oil pan. To see what I can find in the pan. and check for any gears grinding on the stator side. Any other advice would be great. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
      X