Carb kit doesnt quite fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb kit doesnt quite fit

Hey guys, so i ordered a carb kit for my 82' GS850L and the float seat doesn't fit, its the right carb thats supposed to be on the bike, but the carb kit i ordered everything else fits except the float seat. any answers or help you guys can give me?

When you say carb kit I'm going to assume you mean a rebuild kit. Going on that assumption I will go further and guess you went with a non OEM kit which very often doesn't come with the best quality parts. My suggestion would be to reuse your stock float needle seat and just put a set of new o-rings on it, which you can get from www.cycleorings.com. Robert Barr is the proprietor and a member here. I have bought 4 kits from him thus far with absolutely zero issues. The kit will include new o-rings for the vent and fuel tubes as well as the choke assemblies and mixture needles as well as the float assemblies. If you are wanting to try to make due with what you have measure the diameter of the seat you got against the diameter of the hole it goes into. If I were to guess you might just have a sticky o-ring which can be remedied with a sparing amount of lubrication and a bit of a twisting action inserting it. The only thing I've ever HAD to replace in any of my carbs were some of the float needles but never the seats themselves.

Comment

This thread has all the answers about carb kits (I was a newbie at the time!):

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...bad&highlight=

Go on have a laugh.

Greetings
      Richard
      sigpic
      GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
      GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
      GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
      GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
      Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
      Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Working...
      X