GR650 float level pics.. hmmmmmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GR650 float level pics.. hmmmmmmmm

I pulled the carbs out and they are very clean, new o-rings etc. BUT something doesn't look correct.
    The bike ran like a 250cc at best.
    float level is 23mm ,as indicated by my vernier set at 23mm.
    both floats, both sides are .. well..
    isn't the measurement SUPPOSED to be on the left side highest point of the float.
    here , it is barely resting on the needle pin.....
    I think I found the problem?? maybe new "KIT NEEDLES" and never reset the floats? BUT the adjustment tang is WAAYY bent down. this
    would result in a to low (lean) am I right?

hahaha.. well when set at the proper height, they clashed with the crap aftermarket gaskets.
    a quick trim, re-assembly and WA-LA!!!
    Bike now runs great!!
    I can see the PO had carbs "rebuilt" then when they overflowed, someone kept lowering the fuel level till they stopped touching the sides of the gaskets.. unfortunately the fuel level was about an inch too low hahahahhahaha
    Attached Files

Comment

There are two lessons here...
      1/ be careful of others work
      2/ be careful with aftermarket carb parts
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if this is responsible for many mysterious float problems. Is that an original gasket on the left, or was that trimmed?
        and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
        __________________________________________________ ______________________
        2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if this is responsible for many mysterious float problems. Is that an original gasket on the left, or was that trimmed?
          That one I trimmed.
          this is not the first time I've seen this ..and hopefully next time I can remember hahaha.gettin old

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
            There are two lessons here...
            1/ be careful of others work
            2/ be careful with aftermarket carb parts
            and 3/ the PO's work sucks
            4/ aftermarket parts suck too....

Comment

Working...
            X