Need base line jetting for Mikuni 33mm smooth bores for 1982 GS1100EZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need base line jetting for Mikuni 33mm smooth bores for 1982 GS1100EZ

Does anybody have a good base line jetting spec for Mikuni 33mm smooth bores, for a 1982 GS1100EZ? The bike's engine is stock. Has a new MotoGP 4-1 pipe and silencer, and new K&N oval pods. The bike ran real good till I put a Dynojet #3133.001 stage three kit in it. Runs like crap now, and just tired of the limitations of an old style CV carb when trying to use them in a modified performance application. I don't like the air boxes on these GS1100e bikes either, so I have a new set of K&N oval pods that I will be using. The Mikuni smooth bores are brand new, never been mounted or never had gas in them. They are made or racked for a GS1100e. Would like to find somebody with the same bike and same type 4-1 pipe and K&N pods, see what they are using for main jets, pilot jets, needles, needle jets, slide number or cutaway, needle clip position, pilot air/fuel screw turns, air jets, and float height. Thanks in advance, Joe
    Attached Files

Ask rapid ray, he probably knows

Comment

Yes, he probably does.

Comment

135 main jet if you are less than 2000 feet in elevation with the mixture screw 1/2 turn out to START with & tune from there. Put them on & run them if they are set up for a GS1100. Set the mixture screws with the FASTEST IDLE METHOD, & sync the carbs! The carb sync makes a HUGE difference in the tuning. Some people just don't get this with smooth bores. That is a RUNNING carb sync, with gauges, not just a bench sync.
        Ray.

Comment

Working...
        X