No announcement yet.

Seafoam dip in place of carb dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see others that have accepted the Simple Green HD as a great sonic cleaner fluid.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

That's the stuff! Been trying to remember what the sonic guys here were using. That stuff is at home depot/lowes right?

Comment

I use Simple Green in the UltaSonic Cleaner --
        I Sonic parts that are aluminum like car bodies and DIP brass parts like JETS.
        Then I poke each jet hole with a carb jet hole file (like an assortment of needles) - K& N has a kit that is cheap if you do more than one set of carbs ever.
        Every carb body passage gets sprayed out after Sonic cleaning with carb cleaner and then back into the sonic with fresh water/Simple Green mix.
        Finally a fresh water dip in a bucket and pressurized air drying from my compressor...
        Never had to do a carb more than once.
        Currently in the Stable :
        2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
        1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
        - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
          I use Simple Green in the UltaSonic Cleaner --
          I Sonic parts that are aluminum like car bodies and DIP brass parts like JETS.
          Then I poke each jet hole with a carb jet hole file (like an assortment of needles) - K& N has a kit that is cheap if you do more than one set of carbs ever.
          Every carb body passage gets sprayed out after Sonic cleaning with carb cleaner and then back into the sonic with fresh water/Simple Green mix.
          Finally a fresh water dip in a bucket and pressurized air drying from my compressor...
          Never had to do a carb more than once.
          I don't use Simple Green, I use Simple Green HD. HD is soft metal safe and doesn't darken the aluminum. The only place I've been able to find the HD is at Home Depot. It's purple and not green.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Working...
          X