broken muffler / exhaust clamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken muffler / exhaust clamp

Pretty basic question here. New to me gs650gl has a broken exhaust clamp that was rusted through. Part number 6/7 in the fiche linked below

I see that the clamp has some teeth on it. Is it possible to replace this clamp with a universal one, such as any of the ones here: http://siriusconinc.com/search_resul...artno=&x=0&y=0 or is it necessary to replace with the OEM clamp, do those teeth looking parts lock something in? I only ask because shipping such a small part to Canada is such a ridiculous cost, otherwise i'd go OEM all the way.

If i can go with some universal / cheaper connection, anything else i require?
    Attached Files

there aren't teeth. They are stops that seat against the mufflers. and yes a universal that doesn't have the stops will work fine. All you need is to squeeze it down.

Well I take that back and amend my statement...they DO act as teeth to grip the pipe as well to some degree.
    Last edited by chuck hahn; 06-01-2015, 08:14 PM.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
    X