Newbie with newb question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie with newb question.

Hey fellas here are my carbs could anyone give me a bit of info so I can get some rubber parts for them. I have no idea what to even call them. I did notice they are exactly the same as the carbs on my KZ1000. Thanks here are a few pics.
    Attached Files

We can get you info on ALL KINDS of "rubber parts", but it sure would help to know where they go, even if you don't know what to call them.

And, it would also help to know ... WHAT BIKE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

For some reason I cant seem to upload more pictures? They are mikuni's.
      Attached Files

Comment

I havent even opened them up yet still trying to id these things. They are on a 1983 gs1100e.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

They are standard-issue Mikuni BS34SS carbs, as found on most GSes with 1000 or 1100cc engines.

What "rubber parts" are you looking for?

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'm not sure ....I have read some stickeys that said a standard rebuild kit is kinda useless. it mentioned replacing the "o" rings and figuring out which jets I would need . The bike is running a Vance and Hines 4 into 1 with packing material in place and pods. The po thru the air-box away. I also need the boots from the intake to the carbs. They were pretty cracked up and loose.
                Originally posted by Steve View Post
                They are standard-issue Mikuni BS34SS carbs, as found on most GSes with 1000 or 1100cc engines. This will be the first time I have ever attempted 4 carbs. I can rebuild the carbs on my little z 50's fairly easily but these I surmise are a bit different!

What "rubber parts" are you looking for?

Comment

Cleaning tutorial here: http://www.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/...d_Tutorial.pdf
                  o-ring kit available from cycleorings.com
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Carbs look like they are from a 83 GS1100 16 valve engine. Buy new boots from your local Suzuki dealer or one of the online places. No substitute for OEM boots.
                    same time you order your boots order new fuel hose, that automotive stuff is sh$t.
                    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head :cool:
                    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017:D

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Thanks Guys I hope to get into these this weekend You have me started on the right track!

Comment

Finally let them soak in pb blaster I was able to get all the screws loose except one. I boogered it up getting it off.. Ill have to replace it. GS1100e with Vance and Hines exhaust. It also has pods. My pilot jet that is in there now is 45 and the main jet is 138 Can anyone give me a base line for jets for this setup. I suspect the po didn't rejet after modifications. Any help would be great This is my first carb rebuild thanks Steve Murdoch for the carb tutorial it will help immensely!

Comment

You should replace all of the JIS screws with stainless socket cap screws or buy JIS scewdrivers

Comment

A 138 main jet means it HAS been re-jetted. I have a complete stock 83 air box assembly, less the filter, with even the stock lid, (Try finding one of those!) if you would like to go back to the stock air box. If the slide needles have adjustment grooves in them you have a jet kit installed, which would be the CORRECT way to set them up.
                            Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by huntb View Post
                              You should replace all of the JIS screws with stainless socket cap screws or buy JIS scewdrivers
                              ​Do both ...

Comment

Working...
                              X