Bogs and runs rough at cruising speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogs and runs rough at cruising speeds

So I've put about 200 miles on the bike since its been too end rebuilt and it seems to be running well at idle and all the way up the redline with nice smooth acceleration. The only issue I'm having is that while cruising at higher speeds, it tends to bog out and seems to feel like it goes from running off all four cylinders to maybe two or three. This is only while maintaining speeds of 50+. If I twist the throttle you can feel and hear what sounds like those other cylinders firing up then, runs strong, after I release the throttle and cruise it starts doing it again after about a thousand feet or so. As I said it runs fine while accelerating and it doesn't seem to do this while running up large hills while maintaining speeds. Doesn't do really at all below 50ish.

seems like it's running rich but I looked at my plugs and they look good. I assume it's a main jet adjustment but I'm not positive, maybe a float? The bowls don't overflow at all or anything. All the plugs and wires and coils are good and checked with nice even spark.

Top end rebuilt fully (rings, valve seals etc)
    Pods with carbs built/jetted by member Chef, fully dipped and rebuilt with new orings, synced and pilots adjusted to a good mixture etc
    cut pipes
    new coils, wires and plugs
    rebuilt petcock
    new fuel and vacuum line

please don't tell me to get an airbox and f*%k your bobbed L.

Thank you in advance

Sounds like a jetting issue.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

thats what I'm guessing but where to start?

Comment

Dyno and an A/F reading ...
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Weeksz View Post

please don't tell me to get an airbox and f*%k your bobbed L.
          One of the best things that can happen to an L.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            One of the best things that can happen to an L.
            That there is pure brilliance by way of rejoinder.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Hey tkent, brovo, really. You're hilarious. We should move this to the "joke thread "or maybe the "waste of time" thread, or possibly the "you're too good for people who don't have the same opinions as you" thread. I see your signature man, I see no love for the mitten. Come to Michigan and let's run your stocky. Maybe when you're deaf from my stupid cut pipes and my ridiculous pod filters (because I'll destroy a factory 750) it will clear your head. You run stock bikes. We get it. You love them. Everything that is original should stay that way forever. Blah blah blah. Let the manufacturer decide what you ride, not yourself, not your own ideas or creativity. You're helpful 20% of the time, otherwise you're giggling to yourself over there "near South Park." They make South Park episodes about guys like you with confederate flag icons that ride Japanese motorcycles. Touchy subject for you, I'm sure.

In my defense I said please.

beside that, the dyno & a/f reading comment, sorry man I just own wrenches and have a small garage.

Sorry for the rant I just spend way to much time on this site reading tkunts smug ass comments.

Comment

Do you have access to an A/F meter?

Do you have carb balancing tools?

Do you know the baselines set by Chef?
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Weeksz View Post
                  You run stock bikes. We get it. You love them.
                  I actually don't have any stock bikes. Not one. Boring. And I spend way too much time in Michigan.

The flag, is because I don't do political correctness for any one. Especially you.

Have fun on that L. Chop the hell out of it, the L don't care. I don't either. I'd like to see them all crushed and melted to make condoms, but it's not up to me.

I have German, Austrian, Italian and Japanese motorcycles. What does that have to do with anything? Retarded.

And put me on ignore, because I'm saying what I'm saying.
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                  X