fuel dry up in carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel dry up in carbs

Recently started having problems with fuel drying up in my 1100EZ carbs causing it's throttle cable to get stuck. Could the fuel in the carbs dry up because I didn't allow my bike to cool down before putting on the bike's storage cover or could it be because of the quality of the fuel? Didn't have this issue when wasn't using a bike storage cover and the bike was left to cool off naturally.

Covers make everything rust. Are you parking it out under the downspouts or something?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I park my bike under my verandah, but the problem lies with cats ****ing on the tires, exhaust system etc, causing rust. That's why the covers.

Comment

Had the same problem with a neighborhood cat. My bike sat in an open shed for 20 years and when I pulled it out it had been a spray station for years. The culprit came around one day while I was in the house to get a coffee and sprayed all over the rear hub that I had just polished. I ended up making a 3/8" plywood 3 sided box about 2' high with hinged ends that would fold back when not in use to protect the bike. I tried the cover but the cat sprayed all over it too. I just park the bike beside the house and put the plywood around it. It ended the cat problem. Once a cat marks it's territory it is really hard to get rid of the smell and it becomes a magnet for other cats.

Comment

probably having a dog may solve this problem, but dogs mark their territory too.....

Comment

Only up to the axles.
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
            X