GS750ES Airbox fitment with engine in frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750ES Airbox fitment with engine in frame

Hey Guys, as the title says i need to see if there is a way to get the airbox into the frame without removing the engine, seems i overlooked it when putting the engine into the frame, I can get it to within 10mm of getting in the frame, thats with carbs, carb rubbers, oil hoses, rear engine mount out and the engine tilted as far forward as it would go. I dont want to pull this engine out again as everything is freshly painted and assembled.

Last choice is pod filters, but pod filters on CV carbs are abit of a pain i'm told!

In the middle of a 750EX at the moment. Air box in first, the slide carbs in between box and engine. Install hoses prior to installing carbs. Unless you are using all new intake hoses on motor, a hair dryer will soften the hoses to let the carbs slide into them. After you do this three or four times, it gets easier.

Comment

ya airbox first then slide the carbs in between. I say that like its easy. its not. its personally my most hated task on my bikes, now both of my bikes have k&ns and the airboxes are in the garbage.

fyi: cv carbs run at their best with an airbox, it is possible to get it to run well with pods, but I don't think it will run AS well.

Comment

Working...
      X