1980 gs550l stalls when hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs550l stalls when hot

Hi all, I acquired this bike and have been working on it all summer,it sat for a long time. I haved soaked the carbs in berrymans, got all jets opened up and new oring kit. I also replaced the carb. boots, orings and clamps. Then I proceeded to bench sink the carbs and reinstall. Then I adjusted all valves to within .0025" to .003". I cleaned out the fuel tank as well. Petcock seems to work well on vaccum, prime does not work. Charging system is working well after new reg./rect. The bike will run well until it warms up then it stalls and will not restart until it cools down. It runs smooth from idle to 6000 rpm, idle is set at just above 1000.

Originally posted by jars0208 View Post
    Hi all, I acquired this bike and have been working on it all summer,it sat for a long time. I haved soaked the carbs in berrymans, got all jets opened up and new oring kit. I also replaced the carb. boots, orings and clamps. Then I proceeded to bench sink the carbs and reinstall. Then I adjusted all valves to within .0025" to .003". I cleaned out the fuel tank as well. Petcock seems to work well on vaccum, prime does not work. Charging system is working well after new reg./rect. The bike will run well until it warms up then it stalls and will not restart until it cools down. It runs smooth from idle to 6000 rpm, idle is set at just above 1000.
    Will it stall going down the road or just if it's idling?

What does it do at 9,000 RPM?

Which intake and exhaust and which jetting?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Havn't had it on the road much because of this problem, but yes it dies at stop sighns and then will not restart. runs good at 9000 rpm as well. Car jetting is factory with fact. exhaust and air intake.

Comment

Working...
      X