Lean at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lean at idle

Hi all, I have a 1981 Suzuki gs 650gl with pods and stock header and emgo 12" mufflers. I rebuilt carbs, also ended up using dyna jet Steve 3 kit... New intake boots and viton orings... Checked for air leaks...none synced carb with merc sticks... The bike starts perfectly with choke on and then when warm settles down.. I adjust mixture screws.... Turn in until you hear it miss turn out a 1/4 turn.. Bike seems happy right around 2.5 -3 turns out.... While adjust I run a box fan and shut bike down not to overheat bike.. I go for a ride and at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle I get white plugs.....I also get a pop here and there..... I know I'm still in pilot circuit... Other than mixture screws is there another adjustment I can make...

Dyna jet Steve kit? What kind/brand pods are you running? What dyna mains did you start with and where are your needles' height? The pros on here seem to reccomend getting the main right first and then fall back to mid range, etc..
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yes, I'm on 160 mains, needle height at third notch down from top.. Pods are cheapo emgo's...

Comment

Originally posted by Googledave View Post
        dyna jet Steve 3 kit...
        I believe that the poster is referring to the Dynajet Stage 3 kit here......

Comment

Lose the Emgo Sand Sifters, they don't filter at all and they don't flow much air, sometimes they block the idle air passage at the intake. Garbage.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
          X