79 gs850 intake manifold boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 gs850 intake manifold boots

Hey guys, recently picked up a 79 gs850, and upon putting the bike back together (got it in pieces) noticed 2 of the 4 boots from the head to carb were destroyed and falling apart. I jumped onto eBay and found a set, but the 130.00 price tage steered me away. Is there another place that is significally cheaper, or maybe another bike that has them? This seems to be an uncommon model in my area as I am having a hard time locally finding them. Thanks in advance for any tips or info.

Try Z1 Enterprises. They run about $25 each I think, and you will have to get the O rings for them as well. I know they are more in Canada now as the dollar is way down. Where are you located?

Comment

Wholesale Pricing On OEM Parts For Suzuki, KTM, & Yamaha. Specializing in Suzuki & Yamaha Vintage Motorcycle Parts.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I have a set I bought, thinking they would fit. They are new, never used, not installed.. $100 shipped? Orings and clamps included. I think I paid 130. But I will check for sure.
        -Mark
        Boston, MA
        Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
        sigpic
        1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

check the measurements on them and if its the right size, i will take them for sure. Paypal?

Comment

THE 79 850 HAD vm 26 carbs which means it uses the same boots as the 750 and 1000 you can get new ones here

fast shipping and a good product
            Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2015, 01:40 AM.

Comment

That's what I thought. I found the site as well but was a little confused on purchasing. I just contact them and say which ones I want and a credit card number? How do the give you a receipt? I like the idea it's a upgrade product as well.

Comment

Originally posted by _Hartshorn View Post
                That's what I thought. I found the site as well but was a little confused on purchasing. I just contact them and say which ones I want and a credit card number? How do the give you a receipt? I like the idea it's a upgrade product as well.
                yes you just send them an email to jbmindustries@att.net

use paypal and they will ship to the paypal address and email you a reciept worked great for me no issues at all

below is what i sent and within a an hour i got a return email saying they were shipped

i would like to request a Paypal invoice

(4) JBM Part - GS1000 - Canada

thank you
                Jon Hewitt

Comment

also i just checked the parts fische for the 79 850 and the 1000 and they use the same part # for the carb intake boots

Comment

Just ordered from JBM. They're in the same state as me. We will see how well they work. Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by _Hartshorn View Post
                      Just ordered from JBM. They're in the same state as me. We will see how well they work. Thanks for the help everyone!
                      let us know how it works out

Comment

Working...
                      X