Screw sizes on boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw sizes on boots

I'm taking the carbs off this weekend for a cleaning and I'm replacing the boots at the same time. I want to replace the JIS screws but I'm not sure what the correct equivalent would be in a non-JIS screw. If anyone could help me with sizing that would be great!

On the fiche for the 85 GS450L, this screw has the part number:

02112-06207

So you need 6mm diameter stainless steel socket head screws with a thread length of 20mm. ("Socket head" is the industry term for what most people call an "allen" head.)

This trick works with many Suzuki bolt part numbers, but not all.

Length and diameter on fasteners is the thread diameter and length; is does not include the length of the head or the wrench size. The exception is flat head fasteners, where the length includes the head.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      On the fiche for the 85 GS450L, this screw has the part number:

02112-06207

So you need 6mm diameter stainless steel socket head screws with a thread length of 20mm. ("Socket head" is the industry term for what most people call an "allen" head.)

This trick works with many Suzuki bolt part numbers, but not all.

Length and diameter on fasteners is the thread diameter and length; is does not include the length of the head or the wrench size. The exception is flat head fasteners, where the length includes the head.
      Thanks! I knew someone would know the trick to translating that number .

Comment

Working...
      X