No announcement yet.

air fuel ratio exhaust gas analyser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before dyno's and neat electronics, Honda used a procedure call an Idle Drop. It worked well and was simple way to set the low speed stuff.
    Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple:twistedevil:, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
    Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
    Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
      That's a cheapy narrowband gauge.

Data logging just got cheap.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/371388128072
      The problem with data logging is as a bare minimum you need RPM and AFR. If you have a long enough long hill, you can put n fixed throttle positions with say a throttle shut down and then try and figure out what the AFR was at the point where you think it is settled. But the whole process is so dynamic that without RPM you are better off just looking at the gauge and making mental notes while you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
        Yep, not one of those. Did a bench trial once, charged one of the Lockeed guys with theft. Had to find another materials engineer to establish the defendant had actually stolen something unique; some kind of process that got carbon molecules to be sticky and form some kind of structure.

My civ pro teacher said it helped if you viewed your brain as a bath tub. Fill it up with what you needed for trial and then pull the plug.

Its enough that I admire their ability and benefit from their work; and to know I aint that.
        Well, that is a bit ethereal. To be more specific about the issues encountered, the RPM input on the LM-2 doesn't seem to work even with the provided inductive pickup. Because I wanted more inputs, I integrated the LM-2 with the LMA-3. The LMA-3 has related issues with timing. It would not record both RPM and SPEED at the same time. I could get one or the other but not both. I finally opened the LMA-3 up and found out what the risetime on the input circuit would typically be too slow provide a stable signal. Designed a couple of simple mods to insure the rise time on my inductive wheel sensor pickup and the thing works like a charm.

Tech support was zero help, and other the main contributors of the Innovate forum really had no specific guidance either. The answer only came from analyzing the data sheet of the input circuit IC with another engineer that the issue became clear. I do a lot of h/w software integration as some of my job skills, I'm not going to say I was ever lost, but the whole setup is somewhat fickle to say the least. And in the case of these timing signals it both LM-2 and LMA-3 are both defective. Not impossible to get around, but that took a significant amount of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Well, that is a bit ethereal. To be more specific about the issues encountered, the RPM input on the LM-2 doesn't seem to work even with the provided inductive pickup. Because I wanted more inputs, I integrated the LM-2 with the LMA-3. The LMA-3 has related issues with timing. It would not record both RPM and SPEED at the same time. I could get one or the other but not both. I finally opened the LMA-3 up and found out what the risetime on the input circuit would typically be too slow provide a stable signal. Designed a couple of simple mods to insure the rise time on my inductive wheel sensor pickup and the thing works like a charm.

Tech support was zero help, and other the main contributors of the Innovate forum really had no specific guidance either. The answer only came from analyzing the data sheet of the input circuit IC with another engineer that the issue became clear. I do a lot of h/w software integration as some of my job skills, I'm not going to say I was ever lost, but the whole setup is somewhat fickle to say the least. And in the case of these timing signals it both LM-2 and LMA-3 are both defective. Not impossible to get around, but that took a significant amount of effort.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Maybe not impossible for you, but just not worth the effort even if it was possible for me.

But thanks for the info. I'll dig around on eBay and see what I can see.

Looks good. But don't know how useful it will be.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2015, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X