Seized Pilot Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seized Pilot Jets

I tore down the carburetors on my 82 gs850 and everything came apart without any hitches until I got
    to the pilot jets. All 4 of the pilot jets seem to be seized pretty bad. I tried the anti-seize oil and heat treatment but that didn't seem to work. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

If the heads are toasted use an easy out.
    Be careful on the size to not take out the threads.
    Start with a small drill bit and work up. The small bit will follow the present hole and stay centered.
    Heat it up HOT before using the easy out.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by zcarst13 View Post
      I tore down the carburetors on my 82 gs850 and everything came apart without any hitches until I got
      to the pilot jets. All 4 of the pilot jets seem to be seized pretty bad. I tried the anti-seize oil and heat treatment but that didn't seem to work. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?
      I've had to just leave a few in before. There isn't any rubber parts behind them, so you may be able dip the carbs with them in and use a K&L carb tool, spray and compressed air to clean the circuits. Ultra sonic cleaner helps also. I'd give that a try before doing any more damage to the jets. May be too late?
      Last edited by gsrick; 08-11-2015, 10:58 PM.
      :cool:GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
      X